Need some advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by gourandle, Aug 1, 2014.

1. gourandle

gourandle New Member

Hi all, Am new to this community and as re-stringer, so some stringer phrases I would not understand. Be easy on me :) Need some advices on the implications if I do separate strings while in the middle of pulling a cross. For example, lets say it was not long enough to do a full cross from bottom to top and decided to tie knot in the middle somewhere near shared holes and start with another piece of string from there and continue on. It is probably not recommended or advised to do so, but just wondering if there are any implications such as breaking the frame while playing or any others. Thanks all.

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    If the tension not high, it won;t break the racket. What will happen is that the tension at another piece of string will drop very fast. I have encountered this issue before.

3. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

The tension of the smaller piece of string will be lower because it suffers from two knots tightening locally. A good solution is to use two-piece stringing (one for the main strings and one for the cross strings), or to know how much string you need. With one-piece stringing jobs on 76-hole rackets, 10 meters is plenty. I do not know the length distribution for mains and crosses if you decide to do two-piece stringing.